Los Angeles, CA…, Cleopatra Records have released COVERED IN GOLD, the first covers album ever recorded in the 30-year history of Enuff Z’nuff. The 14-track record honors the diverse influences that inspired the band, and includes fan-favorite songs often heard in the band’s live sets.
From reverent takes on classics from The Beatles (“Run For Your Life”) and Nirvana (“All Apologies”) to surprising takes on Prince’s “When Doves Cry” and the blistering “Stone Cold Crazy” from Queen, Enuff Z’nuff demonstrates the core reason for its longevity in music: taking cues from exceptional and broad role models and creating an accessible but unique sound around them. To that end, the band takes a pop TV theme song, “Believe It Or Not” from The Greatest American Hero and turns it into a refreshed pop gem.
In 1989, Enuff Z’nuff released its self-titled debut, and the hit singles “New Thing” and “Fly High Michelle,” which earned them the first of two Gold records, huge credibility in the music video landscape, and legions of fans from the pop, rock, hippie, metal, and glam communities. Rolling Stone, David Letterman, and Howard Stern have all been continued vocal supporters of the band. Founder Chip Z’nuff continues to be the cornerstone, keeping the group active on stage and in studio with fresh musicians coming into the fold as change required. Twenty albums and countless concerts later, Enuff Z’nuff continues to deliver melodic, accessible rock.
In addition to a new career in broadcasting as a go-to guest on Howard Stern’s radio show and co-host of “Mancow TV,” Chip is working with Steven Adler (Guns ‘n Roses, Adler’s Appetite) on two albums to be released this year. Both THE DEATH OF JOHNNY ROTTEN JR. and ADLER’S ENOUGH will feature guest artists like Robin Zander and Dale Bozzio. A new record of Enuff Z’nuff originals is planned for 2015.
COVERED IN GOLD TRACK LISTING:
1. Everything Works If You Let It (Cheap Trick cover)
2. Stone Cold Crazy (Queen cover)
3. She Sells Sanctuary (The Cult cover)
4. All Apologies (Nirvana cover)
5. Believe It Or Not (The Greatest American Hero theme)
6. The Jean Genie (David Bowie cover)
7. Run For Your Life (The Beatles cover)
8. When Doves Cry (Prince cover)
9. Tears Of A Clown (Smokey Robinson & The Miracles cover)
10. The Stroke (Billy Squier cover)
11. Yankee Rose (David Lee Roth cover)
12. Jealous Guy (John Lennon cover)
13. You’ve Got To Hide Your Love Away (Live on Howard Stern)
14. New Thing (Live Unplugged In London)
MP3 STREAM “Everything Works If You Let It” featuring Billy Corgan
After more than 140 concerts last year, Enuff Z’nuff took a break from the road early this year to craft new releases. The following new dates are confirmed, with more to be announced on the website.
Aug 31 Farm Rock 2014 – Wauconda, IL
Sept 26 Park Pavillion ‘80s In The Park Wickham’ – Melbourne, FL
Nov 14 Rock N’ Skull – Pekin, IL